The County of Kaua'i Agency on Elderly Affairs (AEA), with the Mayor as Chief Executive, is your local Area Agency on Aging. Its purpose is to plan, support, and advocate for programs to promote the well-being of Kauai's older adults and to address and respond to the priority needs of all seniors.
The Kaua'i Agency on Elderly Affairs, as the designated lead County agency, plans, implements, supports, and advocates for the well-being of Kauai’s older adults; and serves as a one stop source of information on long term care support options and services for all residents.
- Kauai’s older adults will live independently at home or in the community with dignity and respect.
- Kauai’s family caregivers receive adequate support to care for their older adults.
- Kauai's older adults, persons with disabilities and family caregivers will make informed choices and have streamlined access to long term care support.
- Maximize opportunities for older adults to age well, remain active and enjoy quality lives while engaging in their communities.
- Forge partnerships and alliances that will give impetus to meeting Hawaii's greatest challenges of the aging population.
- Strengthen the statewide Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) system for persons with disabilities, older adults, and their families.
- Enable older adults to live in their communities through the availability of and access to high quality long-term services and supports (LTSS), including supports for their families and caregivers.
- Optimize the health, safety and independence of Hawaii's older adults.
Watch below to take a tour of Kaua’i Agency on Elderly Affairs services.
Area Plan on Aging
Click here to download the 4-Year Area Plan on Aging for 2019-2023