Ma‘ili Land Transitional Housing Program is a short-term residential facility located in Leeward O‘ahu. The goal of Ma‘ili Land Transitional Housing Program is to provide assistance with dignity to families with children under the age of 19 who are homeless and to empower the participants to rebuild their lives and become self-sufficient.
To be considered for placement into the Ma‘ili Land Transitional Housing Program, you must:
- Be a homeless family with a minimum of one child under the age of 19.
- Be able to verify your ability to pay the monthly program fees.
- Undergo an initial and subsequent periodic certification of your household income.
- Have a household income that does not exceed 60% of the Honolulu median income.
- Be willing and able to participate in the programs and activities outlined in a social development agreement that is intended to enable you to transition to permanent housing within 24 months.
- Be able to accept and abide by the program’s rule that the environment is drug-free and alcohol-free.